It is not always necessary to reach for your iPhone to answer an incoming call. If you are using Mac, you can use FaceTime to receive and answer the call. However, before you do so, you will need to sign in to FaceTime using your Apple ID and turn FaceTime on. Here's how to make phone calls from Mac!
How to make phone calls from Mac without iPhone
You can choose between your iPhone and Mac to answer calls when you receive them. The whole Apple ecosystem makes it a lot easier. Follow the instructions given below to make phone calls from Mac without iPhone!
- Configure your iPhone settings first by going to Settings.
- Choose the Phone option.
- Enable Wi-Fi calling.
- Select Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone.
- Tap Add Wi-Fi Calling For Other Devices button.
- Open FaceTime on your Mac.
- Go to Mac Preferences.
- Select Settings.
- Check Calls from iPhone box.
Can I make a phone call from my Mac?
Unlock your iPhone and go to ‘Settings’> ‘Phone’.
Locate ‘Wi-Fi Calling’ option.
When seen, tap it, then turn on ‘Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone’.
When enabled, ‘Add Wi-Fi Calling For Other Devices’ button should become visible to you. Tap the button to allow calls using your other devices. This option will enable calls using your other devices that are on the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone.
After you have enabled Wi-Fi Calling on your iPhone, open FaceTime on your Mac. You might be prompted to turn on ‘Calls from iPhone on your Mac’. If not, then, go to the FaceTime app on your Mac, choose ‘FaceTime’ > ‘Preferences’.
Then, switch to the ‘Settings’ tab. Check the ‘Calls from iPhone’ box.
Now, when someone calls up, a notification will appear in the top-right corner of the screen.
You can also call up someone from your contacts list by accessing the FaceTime App and clicking the Audio icon, next to the person's name.
How to receive phone calls on Mac?
When you see the notification in the top-right corner of your Mac screen, take one of the following actions,
- Accept an incoming call - Click Accept to start communication.
- End Call - Once you have finished talking over FaceTime, tap End Call to hang up.
- Decline a call and send a message using iMessage (Click the down arrow next to Decline, choose 'Reply with Message', type your message, then click Send.
- Decline a call and set a reminder to call back later: Click the down arrow adjacent to the ‘Decline’ option, then select how long you want to wait to receive a reminder.
Cannot Turn On Calls on Other Devices?
If you are unable to make or receive calls on other devices, check if the FaceTime and iCloud are signed in using the same Apple ID. If it's different, you'll have problems connecting with your contacts.
That's how you can make phone call using Mac!
Source - Apple.com
Also, read our earlier post on How to view lyrics in Apple Music on Mac