It is not necessary to always use your iPhone for answering an incoming call. You can make phone calls from Mac using the FaceTime app also. Just make sure you have the service enabled and logged in to the app using your Apple ID.
How to make phone calls from Mac
You can choose between your iPhone and Mac to answer calls when you receive them. The whole Apple ecosystem makes it a lot easier. Follow the instructions given below to make phone calls from Mac without iPhone!
- Configure your iPhone settings first by going to Settings.
- Choose the Phone option.
- Enable Wi-Fi calling.
- Select Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone.
- Tap Add Wi-Fi Calling For Other Devices button.
- Open FaceTime on your Mac.
- Go to Mac Preferences.
- Select Settings.
- Check Calls from iPhone box.
How to make calls from MacBook
You can make phone calls on Mac using the FaceTime app.
Unlock your iPhone and go to ‘Settings’> ‘Phone’.
Locate the ‘Wi-Fi Calling’ option.
When seen, tap it, then turn on ‘Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone’.
When enabled, the ‘Add Wi-Fi Calling For Other Devices’ button should become visible to you. Tap the button to allow calls using your other devices. This option will enable calls using your other devices that are on the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone.
After you have enabled Wi-Fi Calling on your iPhone, open FaceTime on your Mac. You might be prompted to turn on ‘Calls from iPhone on your Mac’. If not, then, go to the FaceTime app on your Mac, and choose ‘FaceTime’ > ‘Preferences’.
Then, switch to the ‘Settings’ tab. Check the ‘Calls from iPhone’ box.
You can also call up someone from your contacts list by accessing the FaceTime App and clicking the FaceTime icon, next to the person’s name.
Wait for the recipient to accept the call and get connected.
How to receive phone calls on Mac?
When you see the notification in the top-right corner of your Mac screen, take one of the following actions,
- Accept an incoming call – Click Accept to start communication.
- End Call – Once you have finished talking over FaceTime, tap End Call to hang up.
- Decline a call and send a message using iMessage (Click the down arrow next to Decline, choose ‘Reply with Message‘, type your message, then click Send.
- Decline a call and set a reminder to call back later: Click the down arrow adjacent to the ‘Decline’ option, then select how long you want to wait to receive a reminder.
Cannot Turn On Calls on Other Devices?
If you are unable to make or receive calls on other devices, check if FaceTime and iCloud are signed in using the same Apple ID. If it’s different, you’ll have problems connecting with your contacts.
That’s how you can make phone call using Mac!