There are only a few Facebook groups where you really connect and engage with its members. In other groups, you may do little to no activity. Why? Since your friends may have unknowingly added you to a group that they themselves are a member of. While you can’t stop them from adding, you can certainly remove yourself from the group. Here’s how to leave a group on Facebook permanently.
Different ways to leave a group on Facebook Permanently
When you choose to leave a group on Facebook permanently, you are automatically removed from the member list and the group is removed from your list of groups. Plus, group notifications are no more visible to you in your Facebook News Feed posts.
How to leave a group on Facebook 2020 classic Web
- Open your Facebook account on the Web.
- Go to your News Feed.
- Under the left-sidebar, click Edit menu (seen as 3 horizontal dots).
- Choose Leave group option.
How to remove yourself from a Facebook group on iPhone
- Open your Facebook app.
- Click Menu (visible as 3 horizontal bars).
- Select the Groups tab.
- Choose Settings.
- From the list of options, select Membership.
- Leave a group hat no longer interests you.
How to leave a Facebook messenger group
- Open the Facebook Messenger app.
- Tap your profile pic.
- Choose Message requests.
- Select the comment group.
- Hit the I don’t want to reply button.
- Tap Leave Group.
If I leave a group on Facebook will the admin know?
No! when you do leave a group, no one else is notified that you have exited the group. Instead, your display pic or profile pic won’t show up as a group member anymore and you will be stopped from receiving any new notifications from the group.