There are reasons why an iPhone is known as a Smartphone. It’s loaded with many useful features that make it just a swipe away from being something more. For instance, when there are moments of darkness, you need not worry, just reach for your iPhone! It can function as a torchlight. Read this tutorial to find how to turn on an iPhone flashlight and adjust its brightness. We'll also see how to turn it off in an instant.
How to adjust iPhone flashlight brightness?
The iPhone flashlight or LED flash has gotten so powerful that you can use it as your light source in a completely dark surrounding. To turn the iPhone flashlight on and adjust its brightness, do the following.
- On your iPhone, swipe downwards to open the Control Center.
- Tap the torch icon to display the brightness adjustment bar.
- Move upwards or downwards to adjust the brightness level.
- To access more controls, long-press the brightness bar.
- Select the desired option.
How to change iPhone flashlight brightness level?
Unlock your iPhone and swipe downwards to open Control Center.
Tap the Torch icon, if visible under Control Center.
When the brightness adjustment bar is displayed, slide upwards or downwards to set the desired brightness level.
To access more controls for brightness, long-press the flashlight bar. By default, 3 options will be displayed.
- Dark Mode Off - As the name suggests, this mode will enable the dark mode.
- Night Shift Off - This mode automatically adjusts the colors of your display at night to reduce eye strain. You can schedule its settings to shift the color of your display to the warmer end of the color spectrum after dark. This may help you get a good night's sleep.
- True Tone On - True Tone iPhone automatically adjusts brightness and color based on your surroundings.
What is iPhone 11 flashlight lumens?
The flashlight’s brightness, in general, is measured in terms of lumens. Lumens are the light output measurement. Generally, 1 lumen is 10 times brighter than the moonlight. Want to know iPhone light brightness lumens? Well, LED Flashlight is not the same in every iPhone or Apple device, so there is no way to guess the exact value of the flashlight’s brightness.
iPhone flashlight not working?
If you find the flashlight not working on iPhone, chances are you have not added the iPhone flashlight shortcut to the Control Center. For this, open Settings and go to Control Centre.
Then, under More Controls find the Torch entry.
Tap the '+' icon to move it to Include Controls category.
It should appear there. When seen, go back to Control Centre. You should see the Torch icon added to the iPhone Lock Screen. Use it as desired!
How to turn off the flashlight on an iPhone?
With even less effort, you can turn off flashlight in a snap. When on iPhone Lock Screen, simply tap and hold the torch icon until the iPhone flashlight turn off.
That's all there is to it!