A picture is worth a thousand words! Even a single still image can tell a story just as well as, if not better than, a lot of written words. Apple Watch Digital Touch feature is all about this. It encourages you to use more graphics and less text. Let’s dive in to know how to use this extremely useful feature.
What is Digital Touch on Apple Watch?
Apple Watch Digital Touch is a communication feature that allows you to create sketches and animations. It supports several tap-based gestures you can use to draw sketches with a finger and send them over to your Apple contacts. Besides, you can also use its video tool to annotate short videos.
How to use Apple Watch Digital Touch feature?
You can send Apple Watch Digital Touch Heartbeat, Fireballs, Kisses, and more, all with just a few taps. The only requirement is your apple contact number should have an Apple Watch or iPhone with iOS 10 or later.
- Go to Messages.
- Tap the New Message option.
- In the Create Message box, tap and hold for a second.
- Select the Digital Touch icon.
- Chose your desired color by tapping the dot in the upper right corner.
- Select an animation.
- Add Contact Number or name.
- Send the animation.
Find the detailed description below!
Open the Messages app on your Apple Watch.
Tap the New Message option.
In the Create Message box that appears on your screen, tap and hold for a second to display more options.
Select Digital Touch (visible as a heart icon). This will open the drawing canvas for you.
Tap the dot in the top-right corner to choose a different color.
Use your finger to draw on the screen or select a gesture. You can use the following animations.
- Kiss: Tap two fingers on the display one or more times. Stop tapping to send.
- Heartbeat: Place two fingers on the display until you feel your heartbeat and see it animated on the screen.
- Heartbreak: Place two fingers on the tiny drawing canvas until you feel your heartbeat, then drag them down to send.
- Fireball: Touch and hold one finger on the display until you see a flame. Lift to send.
When done, Add the Contact Number or name of the contact.
Send your animation.
How to turn off Digital Touch on Apple Watch?
Although sketching on the tiny canvas of your Apple Watch can be a fun exercise, using fingers for different strokes is not easy. Moreover, there’s no option to erase mistakes, undo your step or check your finished work before sending it. So, if you would like to disable it tap the Digital Touch (Heart) icon again to disable digital touch on Apple Watch.
That’s all there is to it!